Eversion is an entry in TIGSource's Commonplace book competition.
The objective in Eversion is to reach the flag at the end of the level in order to reach the princess. There are also many gems in the world that you need to collect as well; they remain with you even when you get killed.
Level 1 has one eversion point, under the wall.
Level 2 has two eversion points:
- At the top between the two flowers
- At the end within the set of 4 gems.
To get through the first castle, you need to use the series of eversion points above each obstacle.
An eversion point is located between the two shriveled flowers.
An advancing wall of doom is near the end of the map.
This is your introduction to enemies that attack from the water.
An eversion point is near the end.
At the start, there's two eversion points to layers 4 and 6.
In the first half:
- Eversion point 5/6 in the row of thorns
- Eversion point 4/5 above the two highest shriveled roses on the left.
In later half:
- Eversion point 5/6 in the square to the right of the three secured gems.
- Eversion point 4/5 in the ground left of the
This is an autoscrolling level.
- Eversion point 6/7 on lowest portion of the maze on the right of the map.
- Eversion point 1/2 left of the middle structure; jump on the tree and head up the column.
- Eversion point 2/3 at row of clouds on the left.
- Eversion point 3/4 at the the structure before the water jump.
- Eversion point 4/5 at the starting structure, in the corner.
- Eversion point 5/6 at middle structure (which looks like a hat)
- Eversion point 6/7 at first row of roses.
- Eversion point 7/8 at gem counter.
(The previous version of Level 8 randomly cycled through layers, and required a lot of waiting. This was changed since the latest version.)
- Starting world. Trees and vines block.
- Solid clouds. Trees and vines block.
- Trees can be passed without problem.
- Clouds no longer block the player. Bricks can be broken by jumping. Vines still block.
- Vines removed. Can't open boxed gems. Bricks can be broken by jumping.
- Bricks collapse when you walk on them. Thorns added.
- Monsters slightly faster, and there are some indestructible hostiles.
- All hostiles are indestructible; at best they are stunned.