Nikujin is another excellent platform game by Ikiki, considered by many to be his best.
"In Nikujin you play a ninja, who’s goal is to progress through a ninja fortress of increasing difficulty, utilising your ninja skills to ensure your survival. There’s no real tutorial to the game, so to run through quickly, the arrow keys are your directional movements, Shift is jump and Ctrl is your sword attack." (Xander's TIGSource review)
"The arrow keys are your directional movements, Shift is jump and Ctrl is your sword attack."
To kill enemies silently, fall on to them and simultaneously press down. To sprint hold the arrow up against a box or bottom of a wall and quickly press the opposite direction.
There is a full video walkthrough in the form of a speed run by Daiz on YouTube, as follows:
Level starting position in video:
- 00:06 Level 1 (Ninja Fortress 1)
- 00:24 Level 2 (Ninja Fortress 2)
- 00:51 Level 3 (Ninja Fortress 3)
- 01:12 Level 4 (Inside 1)
- 01:56 Level 5 (Boss 1)
- 02:10 Level 6 (Dungeon 1)
- 02:50 Level 7 (Dungeon 2)
- 03:25 Level 8 (Red dungeon 1)
- 04:48 Level 9 (Red dungeon 2)
- 06:02 Level 10 (Final bosses)