Ad Nauseam 2
Ad Nauseam 2 is a shooter made by Cactus. You pilot a small fighter craft at the bottom of the screen, and need to destroy entities resembling faces.
- Z - Forward fire
- X - Shockwave. Number of shots is shown as the set of dots in the background.
- Z+X - Forward+backward fire. Consumes shockwave ammo.
- F2 - Disables motion blur (required for troubleshooting or performance iussues)
Collect green plusses; every four will upgrade your ship. Collecting the red minuses will downgrade your ship.
Stage 1 is represented by a gray background. The mooks in this stage have a variety of attacks:
- Grow six tendrils in semi random directions
- Grow eight tendrils equally apart, then rotate.
- Grow eight segments which are then launched from the main body as projectiles.
- Grow four segments which then shoot short-range bullets
- Split into five projectiles, which then release sub-projectiles. (Use the shockwave to repel them.)
Stage 2 is shown on a white background, with enemies looking like ASCII-art.
The enemies in this stage launch a larger quantity of bullets. If they get close, you shouldn't hesitate to use the shockwave to repel bullet.
In addition, explosions from enemies will repel bullets as well, even if it causes a bullet to fly through you. If necessary, try to go under the boss (making room by using shockwave if necessary) and shooting to minimize any damage they can do.
The final stage is a pink background, and may contain targets not suitable for children.
The enemy comes in two waves:
- The first simply launches projectiles in the form of coins or money.
- The second launches projectiles in for the of various viruses. Later, it will shoot needles instead, which have partial tracking ability (but must be all destroyed.)